Following a successful launch last year, we are running our GCSE Support Programme again this year, for students in Years 10 and 11.
Any existing student entering Year 10 will now automatically be enrolled into the GCSE Support Programme, so we can give them targeted support, right up until their exams in 2019.
What is the GCSE Support Programme?
Set up to specifically support the new curriculum (first examined in 2017), the programmes are made up of a series of threads (e.g. Algebra or Writing for Impact) that we will build, with each student, from their current level to the best standard that they can achieve by the time of their exams.
All threads are underpinned by the reinforcement of essential core skills – with programmes created for each individual.
How does it work?
Any existing MagiKats student has the option to continue their regular routine, or to switch to the “double workshop” system:
- Students attend an 80-minute workshop (double the normal length)
- They complete core work, either at home or the centre, each week
This is the only option for new students joining in Year 11.
Year 10s can choose to join our regular workshops or the double workshops - we will advise any new Year 10 students about their options.
How do I find out more?
- Find your local centre by clicking here
and seeing what is in your area.
- Contact your local Principal using the web form on the centre's page.
- Come for a placement so we can assess the student's current level and need.
- We then put together their individual programme, you complete the paperwork, and we all get started!