MagiKats GSCE Support Programme for England & Wales
Any existing student entering Year 10 is automatically enrolled into our GCSE Support Programme, so we can give them targeted support, right up until their exams.
New students joining us from Year 10 onwards are welcome to join the GCSE Support Programme, subject to availability in individual centres.
What is the GCSE Support Programme?
Set up to specifically support the new curriculum (first examined in 2017), the programmes are made up of a series of threads (e.g. Algebra or Writing for Impact) that we will build, with each student, from their current level to the best standard that they can achieve by the time of their exams.
All threads are underpinned by the reinforcement of essential core skills – with programmes created for each individual.
How does it work?
Any existing MagiKats student has the option to continue their regular routine, or to switch to the “double workshop” system:
- Students attend an 80-minute workshop (double the normal length)
- They complete core work, either at home or the centre, each week
This is the only option for new students joining in Year 11.
Year 10s can choose to join our regular workshops or the double workshops - we will advise any new Year 10 students about their options.
How do I find out more?
- Find your local centre by clicking here and seeing what is in your area.
- Contact your local Principal using the web form on the centre's page.
- Come for a placement so we can assess the student's current level and need.
- We then put together their individual programme, you complete the paperwork, and we all get started!